WHO WE ARE
“Great companies are about great people. The ClearWorth Capital team is built around this principle. We put people first, because every problem and solution starts and ends with people.“
- Managing Partner and CEO
Managing Partner and CEO
During his career, Mr. Stone has been part of the Sponsor team for over $1 billion in commercial real estate development and renovation projects. His development experience includes 37 projects, including over 6,000 multifamily units, as well as senior housing, student living, townhomes, condominiums, office buildings and hotels.
Through ClearWorth Capital and it’s predecessor companies, Matthew has also acquired and renovated 12 multifamily projects totaling over 2,200 units. During his career, Matthew has held a number of other positions, including :
- President and CEO of Seneca Investments, a real estate development company
- Associate with Oliver Wyman, a global strategy and operations consulting firm
- Loan officer with Bank of America engaged in the origination of construction loans, lines of credit, bridge loans and mini-perms in excess of $500M.
- Matthew earned a BS in Industrial Engineering from Stanford University, and an MBA with distinction (Sord Scholar, Dean’s Award, MBA Excellence Fund Scholar, and Endowed Presidential Scholar) from the University of Texas at Austin with a concentration in Real Estate Finance.
We are a collaborative team of employees and joint venture partners who are aligned in the pursuit of a common goal: building value through targeted, opportunistic real estate investments
We believe the best investments marry science with art. We take a data-driven, analytical approach to investing, but combine the analytics with thoughtful and creative design to reinvigorate and refresh our assets.
Technologies and designs are constantly changing. Staying abreast of change, and leading the charge where possible, puts us ahead of the pack.
Innovation means constantly seeking to improve. Innovation means always focusing on staying relevant to our customers. Innovation means thinking outside the box to test our assumptions and strengthen our strategy.
“It’s best to do one thing extremely well.”
Exceptional focus over time creates exceptional results. We are what we do every day. But we don’t have to set out to make an impact every day. With a disciplined focus on process and authentic company values, it just happens.
CLEARWORTH CAPITAL TEAM
joined the ClearWorthteam in February of 2018 and currently serves as Vice President, Investments. He is responsible for acquisitions as well as investment management. Chris began his career in corporate investment banking at JP Morgan, and has held various positions with multiple companies, including:
- Development and Acquisitions Associate at Seneca Investments with responsibilities including development project management, asset management, and debt and equity relationships.
- Development Associate at Genesis Real Estate Group with responsibilities including site selection, construction management, and development project management. While at Genesis, Chris worked on two high-rise multifamily projects totaling approximately 1,000 units.
- Investment Analyst and Transaction Manager with Newmark Knight Frank (formerly Apartment Realty Advisors), where he gained experience underwriting 200+ assets throughout the Southwest valued at over $5.5 billion.
Chris earned his degree in Real Estate Finance from the University of Arkansas. He is a member of the Urban Land Institute and holds a real estate sales license in the state of Texas.
joined ClearWorthCapital in 2015 and currently serves as Vice President, Investments. He is responsible for deal sourcing, acquisitions underwriting, capital structuring, and due diligence. Since joining ClearWorth, Jordan has directly sourced and closed approximately $200 million in acquisitions for the firm.
Prior to ClearWorth, Jordan worked in land development at a top 10 national homebuilder, where his primary responsibilities included oversight of construction bids, engineering designs, municipality approvals, and land planning. Additionally, Jordan was responsible for managing all development spend and budgeting across 40+ active land development projects throughout the country.
Mr. Tabbertreceived a B.B.A in Finance from Texas Tech University, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Brennen joined ClearWorth Capital in 2019 and currently serves as Associate, Acquisitions and Investments. He is responsible for acquisitions underwriting, structuring capital and managing due diligence. In addition, Brennen is responsible for investment management on over 2,000 units in the ClearWorth multifamily portfolio.
Prior to ClearWorth Capital, Brennn worked at Goldman Sachs in their Investment Banking, Real Estate Financing Group. At Goldman, Brennen underwrote over $1.5 billion of commercial real estate deals across various asset classes including multi-family, retail, office, industrial, hotels and self-storage facilities. Brennen closed over $150mm in CMBS deals for private equity clients across the United States.
Brennen earned his B.A. in Finance from the University of Florida with a minor in Entrepreneurship. He is an active member of the Dallas Calyx Club and enjoys his weekends on the golf course.